Seven Cucumber Hacks You Won’t Believe
There are a number of amazing ways the little green cucumber can be used around your house. You may be surprised!
- Your bathroom mirror won’t fog up after a shower if you rub a cucumber slice along the mirror. Eliminate the fog and provide a soothing, spa-like fragrance at the same time!
- No time to polish your shoes? Rub a freshly cut cucumber over the shoe. Its chemicals provide a quick and durable shine that not only looks great but also repels water.
- A cucumber works like a pro to fix a squeaky hinge. Take a cut cucumber and rub it along the squeaky area.
- The ‘green’ way to clean your faucets, sinks or stainless steel is cured by the lowly green cucumber. Rub the raw end on the surface you want to clean. It removes tarnish and brings back the shine, but won’t leave streaks or harm you while you clean.
- It’s even an eraser for pen, crayons, or markers! Use the skin of a cucumber to slowly erase the pen marks, crayons, and markers!
- A plate of sliced cucumbers will deflect grubs from your garden, according to one source.
- Great for bad breath! Chew on a few cucumber slices; its enzymes are a natural remedy to kill the bacteria in your mouth.
A tool, a snack, a beauty aide, and a pesticide – all in one lowly cucumber. And it’s good to eat too with amazing health benefits inside and out!